New Year, New Books
Another year approaches and with it comes new stories to discover and new characters to fall in love with. In short a new year brings a fresh energy to add even more books to the ever growing to-be-read pile on the bedside table..!
So I thought I would share some of the books I'm looking forward to getting my hands on in the new year:
- Everything I Know About Love, Dolly Alderton - If you are a fan of The High Low podcast then this will already be on your radar. If you don't know what The High Low is, then start there and you'll soon be picking up this book. Out Feb.
- It's Messy: On Boys, Boobs and Badass Women, Amanda de Cadenet - This has been on my list for a little while and sounds deeply honest and insightful in to what it means to be female. Amanda has interviewed many a great powerful lady and I'm looking forward to reading her story.
- The Diary of a Bookseller, Shaun Bythell - This sounds like pure indulgence for any book lover who dreams of running their own bookshop and doesn't skimp on the hilarious reality of actually doing so.
- The Immortalists, Chloe Benjamin - This is all about the time you are given and what you do with it. The blurb alone has me hooked - imagine knowing the day you are going to die. I believe this is the sort of book that you can't stop thinking about weeks after you've turned the last page. Out Jan.
- Laura and Emma, Kate Greathead - A mother and daughter tale through 80's/90's New York... a debut novel full of promise. Out March.